An Experienced Attorney Who Knows Employment Rights
The relationship between employees and employers is often delicate, but thankfully, laws are in place to keep order. Despite this, things can still become tense between the two parties. Whether you are the employee or the employer, we at Jay P. Holland, Esq., can help you fight to protect your rights.
Both employees and employers have explicit rights, and in any kind of workplace legal issue, our team knows what it takes to protect those rights.
Types Of Workplace Legal Issues
Employment rights cases come in all shapes and sizes, with a wide range of intentions and motives. Common cases include:
- Wrongful termination — In Maryland, employers have the right to hire and fire employees, but that does not mean they can fire you for discriminatory reasons such as race, gender or religious beliefs.
- Discrimination — The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal statute that protects employees from workplace discrimination. We can help you use this statute to protect your rights to the fullest.
- Sexual harassment — This type of harassment is not just physical, but also verbal, meaning unwanted or inappropriate messages or conversation.
- Pregnancy — When others act with bias against you because of your pregnancy, whether denying you employee privileges or harassing you, we can help hold those people accountable for their actions.
- Contract issues — Whether you are establishing or enforcing an employee contract, we have the experience to help you navigate that complicated procedure.
No matter what your workplace legal needs, you want to be sure your attorney is capable of taking on your unique case. We can help employees protect their rights and help employers protect their business. No matter what side you’re on, our team can help you protect yourself.
Fight To Maintain A Safe Work Environment
If you are in the Greenbelt area and are facing any of the situations above or something similar, contact an attorney today. The longer you wait, the less time we have to build your case. Contact us by calling 240-297-1782 to schedule your initial consultation and take the first step toward a safer workplace.