Washington, DC, Civil Rights Attorneys
Washington, DC, attorneys Jay Holland and Timothy Maloney provide powerful advocacy to clients with claims involving violations of civil rights under state and federal law. As shareholders in the Maryland firm Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, PA, these attorneys offer clients the benefit of nearly forty years of combined experience in civil rights claims and litigation and an unwavering commitment to justice and equality under the law. The lawyers assist clients at all stages of proceedings: advising clients before a claim is filed; filing claims on their behalf with state, local, and federal agencies; litigating private lawsuits in state and federal courts; and handling state and federal appeals in courts throughout Maryland and Washington, DC. If you would like to arrange a consultation with one of the attorneys about a civil rights claim, please contact our Greenbelt offices.
A broad range of issues fall under the umbrella of civil rights claims. Mr. Holland and Mr. Maloney are prepared to handle claims including those involving the following violations of civil rights under the laws of the United States and the laws of Maryland:
- Police misconduct and prosecutorial misconduct, including cases involving excessive force/police brutality, malicious prosecution, wrongful imprisonment, false testimony, and planting evidence –In a recent case, the lawyers won a $6.3 million verdict on behalf of a client who was wrongfully imprisoned for murder due to the prosecution’s refusal to perform DNA testing that later proved the client’s innocence.
- Employment class action claims involving wage and hour violations – In a recent case, our attorneys challenged employment practices on behalf of WalMart employees.
- Tenant rights – The lawyers are handling a claim on behalf of tenants against Amco, the largest apartment management company in the United States.
- Employment discrimination
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
It is important, if your civil rights have been violated, that you speak to a lawyer with the appropriate experience as soon as possible to ensure your case is as strong as possible. If you would like to discuss a civil rights claim with one of our attorneys please contact our Greenbelt offices. We serve clients in all courts throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia.