District of Columbia Employment Attorneys
Washington, DC, employment lawyers Jay Holland and Timothy Maloney protect the interests of employers throughout the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland with legal counsel for a wide range of employment law issues. The lawyers have focused on this area of law for nearly twenty years and provide clients at Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, PA with thorough and cost-effective representation. If you would like to arrange a consultation with Mr. Holland or Mr. Maloney, please contact our Greenbelt law offices to arrange an interview.
Employment Law Services for Employers
When serving employers, the attorneys’ goal is to help clients avoid the expense and disruption of employment disputes, preventing or minimizing the effect of potential workplace liabilities through services that include the following:
- Advising on employment law best practices
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of employment contracts, including agreements not to compete, wage and benefit provisions, trade secret agreements, and severance agreements, seeing that the contracts are in compliance with the law and that the agreements provide our clients with the best terms possible
- Drafting of employee manuals
- Drafting of harassment and discrimination policies
- Training key employees on investigating and handling claims of harassment, discrimination, and other employment issues
Employment claims litigation
When representing an employer who faces a claim of discrimination, harassment, or another violation of state or federal law, the lawyers provide skilled and determined defense representation in negotiations or litigation. At all times, it is our goal to resolve employment disputes in the most economical manner possible in light our clients’ business goals. Our attorneys represent employers in resolution of disputes including those involving the following issues:
- Breach of contract, including breach of agreements not to compete, severance agreements, wage and benefit agreements, and other employment contracts
- Defense against claims of discrimination or sexual harassment
- Trade secrets claims
If you would like to speak with either Jay Holland or Tim Maloney about employment law counsel, please contact our firm to arrange a consultation. We are committed to assisting our clients in achieving their business goals.